The EMET Mission Statement
‘To ensure all our students realise their full potential and develop into young citizens who make a positive contribution to society’.
East Midlands Education Trust was formed in September 2014 with a mission to raise the educational standards and improve the life chances of students within the partnership. There are currently fourteen schools in our trust representing the full age range of 3 – 16 along with an alternative education provider.
EMET provides confident and strong strategic leadership underpinned by robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance in every school.
3 Core Functions
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the Trust, each school and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Trust and each school and ensuring its money is well spent.
The EMET charter
All schools within the Trust welcome the opportunity to be an equal and valued partner within EMET and see their success measured in the achievement of their own targets and those of the Trust as a whole.
Partner schools undertake to contribute to the success of the Trust by:
- Working together in a spirit of collaboration and cooperation to further the interests of all Trust members.
- Celebrating and building on the traditions of all partner schools within the Trust.
- Developing our specialisms and strengths across the partnership whilst supporting one another in our respective areas for development.
- Taking a partnership approach to the recruitment and selection of staff.
- Ensuring that our facilities are used to their fullest extent by the partnership and its community.
- Coordinating our calendar to ensure that it enhances the opportunities for staff and students to work on partnership initiatives.
- Contributing to partnership wide CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Adapting our timetable and options system to promote wider choice and participation for staff and students within the partnership.
- Deploying our best teachers, managers and leaders within the partnership, to promote the best teaching and learning across the partnership.
- Making a unique contribution to the development of knowledge, skills and understanding in education.
- Providing the trustees with accurate and useful information about the progress of the partner schools.
Details for the trust are as follows:
East Midlands Education Trust, The West Bridgford School,
Loughborough Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham. NG2 7FA
East Midlands Education Trust. A Company Limited By Guarantee.Registered In England and Wales.Company No. 7530373
Registered Office: Loughborough Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 7FA