At Mornington we believe that every child is entitled to the best possible education. This is achieved through high standards in teaching and high expectations of learning as well as promoting self esteem and ensuring that all children feel valued. Making the right choice of school for our children is one of the most important decisions that we have to make as parents. The primary school years of a child’s life are the foundations on which future successes are built. Our vision is one where Mornington Primary School is recognised as outstanding and fully inclusive.
- Feel safe, valued, supported, happy, heard, inspired, passionate and proud of the school.
- Develop self confidence and pride.
- Seek improvement, development and progress in all aspects of the school.
- Enjoy their time at school and have fun.
Mornington pupils aspire to be the best that they can be! – Confident Children Enjoy Learning
Every child is different, they look different, develop at different times and at different rates. They learn in different ways so we assess their needs regularly as individuals.
We aim to support children in realising their potential, developing high aspirations for their future and working hard to achieve. We work in partnership with families and encourage them to be fully involved in their children’s learning and school life.
Mornington Primary school is larger than average. The majority of pupils are of White British heritage, although the proportion from minority ethnic backgrounds is well above the national average. The proportion of pupils who speak English as an additional language is well above average. The percentage of pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities is around half the national average. The proportion of pupils who are known to be eligible for free school meals is below the national figure.
The Trust was established to improve the life chances of students in all partner schools. The mission of the Trust is consequently clear and straightforward:
‘To ensure all our students realise their full potential and develop into young citizens who make a positive contribution to society.’
Schools within the Trust are therefore committed to supporting each other in providing the very best quality of education for all our students. All partner schools pledge to achieve the Trust’s mission through following our six guiding principles:
* Providing outstanding opportunities for everyone associated with our Trust and delivering a lasting legacy for each individual student.
* Helping all our students realise their full potential by raising aspirations, boosting self-esteem and growing the confidence to aim high and achieve well.
* Developing work ready students with the skills, knowledge, expertise and character aligned to the needs of employers in a global world, which will prepare them for future success in further and higher education as well as employment.
* Developing active citizens with a sense of moral purpose who will contribute positively to their local community, wider society and by leading successful economically independent lives.
* Reducing disadvantage by closing the gap through inspirational teaching and outstanding enrichment opportunities for all students regardless of ability, social background and cultural diversity.
* Ensuring, through collaboration with all stakeholders, that each school is the preferred choice within its local community.